Personal Message

 PERSONAL MESSAGE: Dear Friends & Fans of my Artistry & Personal Health, Please take time to hear my Heart & Soul and let me say...

LinkedIn - Award Winning Article

Bestselling Cozy Murder Mystery

Saturday, October 8, 2022

2022 Pivot and a New Book soon to be Released

Thank You


I am SO Grateful for you taking time to read this Post !!


My name is Kris Courtney and I am an Artist, Author and a retired Gentleman who has experienced the transition of surviving the 2020 pandemic collapse and am now making a pivot in 2022 into a new creative avenue with a New Book Release!

I'll be Damn to let the Pain of My Past, Control the Love of My Future


This Blog will now reflect that process as I move forward with Query Submissions, Development and ultimately the Marketing Release & Publication.  I hope that through the jovial and humorous story, you are able to interact and share your reviews, questions and personal stories on how my creativity has given a small glimpse of Joy into your world.


At the time of this post, the New Book is undergoing a 'Deep Edit' and has been Queried to over 100 Agencies for solicitation and representation.  This has been a huge undertaking of writing and molding a Fictional Tale out of random thoughts from a collection of travels. The example of that 'Query Letter' is here below, and I look forward to meeting you as this book launch takes hold in the upcoming months ahead - Thank You.

*Example Query Letter for Submissions*




[email address]    Lit Agent Email
[subject line] Query ‘BOOK TITLE IN CAP’ Satire Mystery, Literary Fiction


Dear [Lit Agent Name]:


Genre – Fictional Satire/Mystery:


'BOOK TITLE IN CAP', is a collection of elder aged and loosely govern comedic characters that live in a Florida Gated Retirement Mobile Home Park and find themselves entangled with each other to uncover there is a killer among them.  The setting is in Central Florida and the dramatic genre of "Satire Mystery" takes Snowbird residents on a journey of laughter and sleuth discoveries inside a gossip riddled community filled with the humorous dysfunction of overgrown children.


I have recently return to Indiana and have authored this Comedic Drama from my experiences in the state of Florida that have given light to a fictional story of generational characters encountered throughout 20 years of traveling across the United States as a professional Artist & Author. My work includes original oil paintings that have been shown abroad, won multiple awards & recognition in artistic genre application of watercolor, acrylic and multimedia.  As well, I have penned an award winning international screenplay and other various publications that include a personal memoir as well a collection of self published children’s books.


[Lit Agent Name] I have included the Prologue plus the first 3 chapter excerpts’ of 'BOOK TITLE IN CAP' for your enjoyment. The completed, unpublished copyright work is an 84,000 word count manuscript and I am eagerly anticipating your response.


Sincerely,



Kris Courtney
'Address'


Cell:
Email:
Page:



'BOOK TITLE'

Prologue & First 3 Chapter excerpts following: 



FaceBook Page: Artist & Author